All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll Dogs Have ADHD takes an inspiring and affectionate look at Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), using images and ideas from the canine world to explore a variety of traits that will be instantly recognisable to those who are familiar with ADHD. Following the style of the award-winning All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome, charming colour photographs of dogs bring to life familiar ADHD characteristics such as being restless and excitable, getting easily distracted, and acting on impulse. This delightful book combines humour with understanding to reflect the difficulties and joys of raising a child with ADHD and celebrates what it means to be considered 'different'. This absorbing and enjoyable book takes a refreshing approach to understanding ADHD.
- Author BiographyKathy Hoopmann is an Australian author currently living in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. She is the author of thirteen books for children and teenagers which sell widely in Australia, the UK, the US and the Middle East, and her books have been translated into ten languages. With a primary school teaching background, Kathy became intrigued by certain children's unusual traits. After many years of dealing with, and talking to, people with Asperger Syndrome, she has a wonderful insight into the mindset of Aspies. Her sensitivity to their strengths and weaknesses and her passion for bringing understanding of their ways to the general public, and her ability to encapsulate this in her literature, has made Kathy a household name amongst Asperger Syndrome circles.
- Author(s)Kathy Hoopmann
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note73 photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Most relevant reviews
- rolobegederome05 Dec, 2014by
A BOOK THAT TEACHES A CHILD ABOUT ADHD AT HIS LEVEL AND HE UNDERSTANDS.
I bought this Book in the hope that it would help my Grandson and I must say he was able to see himself in this book, it was awesome and I commend the writer on being able to let children see that they are not so different as they are led to believe when they have adhd. My Hubby and myself read the book and found it very inspiring and the photos of the Dogs really got to us as well. We recommend this book to any one that has ADHD as it is a fun way of dealing with this problem. This book is better than others because it addresses the problem direct to the Child and makes him see that the things he does and believes is ok because a Dog has it as well and the biggest lesson we taught our Grandson is that God Loves everyone and that God spelt backwards is Dog and he was over the moon.
- mopoke731131 May, 2013by
An enlightening journey full of humour and familiaritys!
This is a truly gorgeous book for anyone, especially children who are or know someone who has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I highly recommend this book.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13