All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1962 the poet, musician, and performer Maya Angelou claimed ather piece of her identity by moving to Ghana, joining a community of Revolutionist Returnees inspired by the promise of pan-Africanism. All God's Children Need Walking Shoes is her lyrical and acutely perceptive exploration of what it means to be an African American on the mother continent, where color longer matters but where American-nesskeeps asserting itself in ways both puzzling and heartbreaking. As it builds on the personal narrative of I Kw Why the Caged Bird Sings and Gather Together in My Name, this book confirms Maya Angelou s stature as one of the most gifted autobiographers of our time.
- Author BiographyPoet, writer, performer, teacher, and director Maya Angelou was raised in Stamps, Arkansas, and then moved to San Francisco. In addition to her bestselling autobiographies, beginning withI Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, she also wrote a cookbook, Hallelujah! The Welcome Table, and five poetry collections, includingI Shall Not Be MovedandShaker, Why Don t You Sing?She died in 2014.
- Author(s)Maya Angelou
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight236 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.