All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Spock? Check. Penelope Ann Leach (Remember her?) Check. What to Expect When You're Expecting? Check. I had a seven hundred dollar Bellini crib for God's sake! Everything was perfect... ...and so begins Kim Staglia's electrifying and hilarious memoir of her family's journey raising three daughters with autism. In these stories Staglia has joined the ranks of David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs in her amazing ability to lay everything on the table - from family, friends, and enemies to basement floods to birthdays to (possible) heroin addictions - eviscerating and celebrating the absurd. From her love of Howard Stern to her increasing activism in the autism community and exhaustive search for treatments that will help her daughters, she covers it all. Always outspoken, often touching, and sometimes heartbreaking, Kim Staglia is a powerful new voice in comedic writing-her Kimoir (as she calls it) will be a must-read within the autism community and the literary world at large.
- Author BiographyKim Stagliano is a nationally recognized autism advocate and speaker.Although autism typically affects boys, Stagliano is in the unique position of having three daughters with full-blown autism, which has made her and her family the focus of national media attention. She is Managing Editor of www.ageofautism.com, the nation's first daily web newspaper about the autism epidemic. She writes for The Huffington Post, is on the editorial staff of The Autism File Magazine, and is a feature writer for Spectrum Magazine. She speaks at national autism conferences and has appeared on Good Morning America, ABC News, Fox News, in The Chicago Tribune, The National Catholic Register, and on blogs around the world.A former sales and marketing executive, Stagliano lives in Trumbull, Connecticut.Her Web site is www.kimstagliano.com. Jenny McCarthy is a world-renowned autism activist, mother, and bestselling author. Her books include Belly Laughs, Baby Laughs, Life Laughs, Mother Warriors, Healing and Preventing Autism, and Louder Than Words.She lives in California.
- Author(s)Kim Stagliano
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byJenny McCarthy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.