All Kinds of Boats ! (Bear Chef Stories & Rhymes): Book 2: Bear Chef Stories & Rhymes by Valerie Grady (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMr Willow's Story Books encourage learning in the formative early years and are written specifically for young children and adults to share. They are packed with lovely illustrations and colourful photographs and introduce a range of early science concepts. They also encourage young children to start experimenting with healthy food and to gain confidence in food handling and understanding . All Kinds of Boats is book 2 of The Bear Chef's Children's Stories and Rhymes . It was written to further your child's interest in boats and water, encouraging such early science concepts as floating and sinking and promoting an understanding of the world around them. It gives prompts and suggestions for further activities to extend a child's interests and gives a video link for support. As with his other books All Kinds of Boats has a special recipe to make together. Mr Willow and his dedicated team at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford w hold a Leading Aspect in Education Award for their cutting-edge performance and practice within early year's education.
- Author BiographyValerie Grady B.Sc. (London) P.G.C.E. (Warwick) E.Y.P.S. (Oxford) Valerie is passionate about re-instating and revitalising basic cookery skills within our homes and schools and believes that we should start this within the curriculum for very young. In order to make healthy food fun for this age group she created Mr. Willow (The Bear Chef) as a healthy children's food hero. Mr. Willow now appears in his own children's books which have been specifically written for children and adults to share. They provide a wealth of educational material and lots of activities to inspire, enable, interest and extend a child's learning. Each book has a practical and healthy recipe to make, to encourage early cookery and healthy eating. Valerie is Founding Director of Education and Child Development at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford, England where she has over 28 years experience in successfully developing suitable recipes, delivering healthy food and fun-food- education for young children. She is a post graduate home economics teacher (Warwick University) with a Food Sciences honours degree (Kings College, London) having recently gained her Early Years Professional Status in Oxford in 2009. As such she has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a child's nutritional needs and 28 years experience of leading teams of inspirational nursery practitioners to deliver excellence within in the early year's curriculum. As a nation I believe that we are letting our children down in the very way that we are currently feeding and training them. We have childhood obesity at record levels and affiliated diseases like diabetes rapidly on the rise. Mr. Willow's healthy food campaign Nursery Food Matters is set to help fight childhood obesity and to educate children about healthy food right from the start . In 2012 Mr Willow and his dedicated team at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford gained a Leading Aspect in Education Award for their cutting-edge performance and practice in early year's food education. www.willow-cottage.com The Bear Chef Children's Books, Recipe Books, Fun- Food- Activities and other foodie resources are published in order to share and promote this practice. www.nurseryfood.com
- Author(s)Valerie Grady
- PublisherWillow Cottage
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleWillow Cottage
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillow Cottage
- Content Note1, colour illustrations
- Weight99 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.