All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation of a Chinese classic (14th Century) is the epic tale of a band of patriots in China during the latter part of Sung Dynasty and is considered by most to be one to the three or four greatest vels in Chinese literature. Shui hun chuan (water margin chronicles) is the adventure of a band of 108 outlaws (105 men and 3 women) struggling to help the Emperor rid himself of the despotic prime minister. Like Robin Hood, the bandit kings refer to themselves as the gallant fraternity. They come out to harass the authorities and to attempt to solicit followers to overthrow a corrupt government in the name of the Emperor. Chocked full of ghosts, innkeepers who make hamburgers of their guests, giants of superhuman strength, beautiful women in distress, wily intellectuals and crafty merchants, this is a timeless tale of love and adventure.
- Author BiographyPearl S. Buck was born in West Virginia and taken to China as an infant before the turn of the century. Buck grew up speaking Chinese as well as English. She is the most widely translated American author to this day. She has been awarded the Pulitzer Prize and the Nobel Prize for Literature. She died in 1973.
- Author(s)Luo Guanzhong,Pearl S. Buck,Shi Nai'an
- PublisherMoyer Bell Ltd ,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWakefield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMoyer Bell Ltd ,U.S.
- Weight1587 g
- Width203 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byShui Hu Chuan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.