All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated and expanded edition of America's bestselling gardening book includes new information on popular subjects like vertical gardening and pest control and rewarding tips for square foot gardening with kids. Rapidly increasing in popularity, square foot gardening is the most practical, foolproof way to grow a home garden. That explains why author and gardening invator Mel Bartholomew has sold more than two million books describing how to become a successful DIY square foot gardener. Now, with the publication of All New Square Foot Gardening II, the essential guide to his unique step-by-step method has become even better. Mel developed his techniques back in the early 1980s and has been teaching them throughout the world ever since. In the process, he has made improvements and refinements and continually adapted his practices to keep pace with modern times. In this new volume, Bartholomew furthers his discussion on one of the most popular gardening trends today: vertical gardening. He also explains how you can make gardening fun for kids by teaching them the square foot method. Finally, an expanded section on pest control helps you protect your precious produce. Rich with new full-color images and updated tips for selecting materials, this beautiful new edition is perfect for brand-new gardeners as well as the millions of square foot gardeners who are already dedicated to Mel's industry-changing insights.
- Author BiographyAuthor Mel Bartholomew developed the innovative square foot approach to gardening back in the 1970s, first publishing on the subject a few years later. His follow-up title, All New Square Foot Gardening, was published in 2005 and has since made home gardening accessible for millions. His Square Foot Gardening television show ran for five seasons on PBS. Through various humanitarian organizations, including the Square Foot Gardening Foundation and the Square Meter Gardening International Training Centers, he has helped put fresh vegetables on the table in underprivileged societies all over the world. He currently resides in California, with the Square Foot Gardening Foundation located in South Carolina.
- Author(s)Mel Bartholomew
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Out-of-print date31/07/2013
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight635 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.