Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionLimited resources, increasing populations, and unyielding political and religious systems have engendered conflicts around the world. As a consequence, commercial interests, established institutions, and government powers have threatened fundamental aspects of human rights. In an effort to protect our rights, this book treats each article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as the source for a poem, in the form of a secular psalm. The psalms are pointed and arranged with Anglican Chant tunes for use in religious ceremonies or special events related to human rights issues (such as Yom Hashoah Remembrance Observances.) Like a pebble cast in * to the * water, Or a * son, * or a * daughter, Each of us makes a * circle of * giving - A wave goes out across the * surface * of the * living. The book also includes the author's poetic paraphrase of Aldous Huxley's Propaganda in a Democratic Society.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks intended to foster full realization of human potential. See more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication23/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.