All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn haunting ways, this gorgeous vel prefigures Irene Nemirovsky s masterpiece Suite Francaise. Set in France between 1910 and 1940 and first published in France in 1947, five years after the author s death, All Our Worldly Goods is a gripping story of war, family life and star-crossed lovers. Pierre and Agnes marry for love against the wishes of his parents and his grandfather, the tyrannical family patriarch. Their marriage provokes a family feud that cascades down the generations. This brilliant vel is full of drama, heartbreak, and the telling observations that have made Nemirovsky s work so beloved and admired.
- Author BiographyIrene Nemirovsky was born in Kiev in 1903 into a wealthy banking family and immigrated to France during the Russian Revolution. After attending the Sorbonne in Paris, she began to write and swiftly achieved success with David Golder, which was followed by more than a dozen other books. Throughout her lifetime she published widely in French newspapers and literary journals. She died in Auschwitz in 1942. More than sixty years later, Suite Francaise was published posthumously for the first time in 2006.
- Author(s)Irene Nemirovsky
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage International Original
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight277 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.63
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.