All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most torious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.
- Author BiographyGabrielle Zevin is the author of award-winning books for young adults including Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and Elsewhere. Her books for adults include The Hole We're In and Margarettown. She was also the screenwriter for Conversations with Other Women, which received an Independent Spirit Award nomination. Of her writing, The New York Times Book Review said, Zevin's touch is marvelously light even as she considers profundities. A dog lover and Harvard graduate, she lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Gabrielle Zevin
- PublisherFarrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)
- Date of Publication06/09/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleBirthright (Zevin (Hardcover)
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)
- Weight472 g
- Width148 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.