All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge, he said, I don't kw if you'd be interested, but there's a chap who's come in with a tape of a group he runs. They haven't got a recording contract, and I wonder if you'd like to see him and listen to what he's got? Certainly, I said, I'm willing to listen to anything. Ask him to come and see me. O.K., I will. His name's Brian Epstein... All You Need Is Ears is the story of George Martin, the man who spotted the Beatles' talent, who recorded and produced them from the start, and who brought their musical ideas to life. In this witty and charming autobiography, he describes exactly what it was like to work in the studio with the Beatles-from the first audition (and his decision to scrap Pete Best on drums) to the wild experimentation of Sgt. Pepper (complete with sound effects, animal ises and full orchestras in evening dress at the direct request of Paul McCartney).
- Author BiographySir George Martin (1926-2016) was a legendary record producer, arranger and audio engineer. He is best known for working with the Beatles, among many other famous recording artists of the 20th Century. He was made a Commander of the British Empire in 1988 and was awarded a knighthood in 1996.
- Author(s)George Martin,Jeremy Hornsby
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.