All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll at Seais a remarkable story of love and loss, of how one couple changed each other s life, and of what a sudden death can do to the people who survive. On a hot, still morning on a beautiful beach in Jamaica, DeccaAitkenhead s life changed forever. Her four-year-old son was paddling peacefullyat the water s edge when a wave pulled him outto sea. Her partner, Tony, swam out and savedtheir son s life then drowned before her eyes. When Decca and Tony first met, a decade earlier, she was a rewned Guardian journalist profiling leading politicians of the day; he was a dreadlocked criminal with a history of drug dealing and violence. No one thought the romance would last, but it did until the tide swept Tony away, plunging Decca into the dark chasm of random tragedy. Exploring race and redemption, privilege and prejudice, All at Sea is a breathtakingly honest, profound, and utterly unforgettable memoir.
- Author BiographyDECCA AITKENHEAD is an award-winning journalist who conducts interviews with leading figures in public life for The Guardian. She lives in rural Kent with her two young sons.
- Author(s)Decca Aitkenhead
- PublisherNan A. Talese
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNan A. Talese
- Weight386 g
- Width132 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.