Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll in Good Time is a lumius memoir about growing up in the shadow of the golden age of songwriting and Sinatra, from the celebrated radio personality and velist Jonathan Schwartz. Dancing in the Dark. That's Entertainment. By Myself. You and the Night and the Music. They are part of the American Songbook, and were all composed by Arthur Schwartz, the elusive father at the center of his son's beautifully written book.Imagine a childhood in which Judy Garland sings you lullabies, Jackie Robinson hits you fly balls, and yet you're lonely eugh to sneak into the houses of Beverly Hills neighbors and hide behind curtains to watch real families at dinner. At the age of nine, Jonathan Schwartz began broadcasting his father's songs on a homemade radio station, and would eventually perform those songs, and others, as a pianist-singer in the saloons of London and Paris, meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time along the way. (His portrait of Sinatra is as affectionate and accurate as any written to date.) Schwartz's love for a married woman caught up in the fervor of the sexual revolution of the 1960s, and his other relationships with both lovers and wives, surround his eventually successful career on New York radio. The men and women who have roles to play include Richard Rodgers, Nelson Riddle, Carly Simon, Jimmy Van Heusen, Bennett Cerf, Elizabeth Taylor, and, of course, Sinatra himself. Schwartz writes of the start of FM radio, the inception of the LP, and the constantly changing flavors of popular music, while revealing the darker corners of his own history. Most of all, Jonathan Schwartz embraces the legacy his father left him: a passion for music, hored with both pride and sorrow.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN SCHWARTZ has gathered a wide and attentive radio audience for his programs devoted to the American Songbook. His novels and short stories are frequently animated by the music he knows so well. His own three CDs, secretly released, pay respect to the highest level of popular song--Jerome Kern, Richard Rodgers, Harold Arlen, and his father, Arthur Schwartz. He is currently heard on WNYC-FM in New York and on XM Satellite radio nationwide. Jonathan Schwartz is married and lives in Manhattan From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Jonathan Schwartz
- PublisherRandom House Trade
- Date of Publication14/06/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Trade
- Weight218 g
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.