All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis prodigiously rich collection suggests that Raymond Carver was t only America s finest writer of short fiction, but also one of its most large-hearted and affecting poets.Like Carver s stories, the more than 300 poems inAll of Usare marked by a keen attention to the physical world; an uncanny ability to compress vast feeling into discreet moments; a voice of conversational intimacy, and an unstinting sympathy. This complete edition brings together all the poems of Carver s five previous books, fromFiresto the posthumously publishedNo Heroics, Please.It also contains bibliographical and textual tes on individual poems; a chrology of Carver s life and work; and a moving introduction by Carver s widow, the poet Tess Gallagher.
- Author BiographyRaymond Carver was born in Clatskanie, Oregon, in 1938. His first collection of stories, Will You Please Be Quiet, Please(a National Book Award nominee in 1977), was followed byWhat We Talk About When We Talk About Love, Cathedral(nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in 1984), andWhere I'm Calling Fromin 1988, when he was inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He died August 2, 1988, shortly after completing the poems ofA New Path to the Waterfall.
- Author(s)Raymond Carver
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleVintage Contemporaries
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.