Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionA man bets all he has on a horserace to pay for an expensive operation for his dog. A young refugee wants to box her way straight off the boat to the top of the sport. Old friends talk all night after meeting up by chance. She imagines their future together...Stories about people who have lost out in life and in love, and about their hopes for one really big win, the chance to make something of their lives. In silent apartments, desolate warehouses, prisons and down by the river, Meyer strikes the tone of our harsh times, and finds the grace tes, the bright lights shining in the dark.
- Author BiographyClemens Meyer is one of Germany's most exciting writers. Born in 1977 in what was then East Germany, he worked as a security guard, forklift driver and construction worker while completing his first novel. All the Lights is his acclaimed second book. It has sold over 40,000 copies in German and won the prestigious Leipzig Book Fair Prize in 2008.
- PrizesWinner of Leipzig Book Fair Prize for Fiction 2008.
- Author(s)Clemens Meyer
- PublisherAnd Other Stories
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHigh Wycombe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnd Other Stories
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byKaty Derbyshire
- Introduction byStuart Evers
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.