All the Right Moves: A Guide to Crafting Breakthrough Strategy by Constantinos C. Markides (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by slgprobitas
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConstantis Markides contends that the essence of business strategy is to allow a company to create and exploit a unique strategic position in its industry. To do so, the company must make clear and explicit choices based on the answers to three difficult questions: Who should I target as customers? What products or services should I offer them? How should I do this in an efficient way? Any company engaged in strategy making must raise these questions, identify possible answers, and then choose what to do and what t to do. The objective should be to come up with ideas that differentiate the firm from its competitors - and thus stake out a unique strategic position. In All the Right Moves , a highly practical handbook on the fundamentals of strategy, Markides helps managers zero in on the critical choices that lie at the heart of all invative strategies. More important, Markides argues that even the best of strategies have a limited life. It is t eugh to develop a unique strategic position or to improve the existing one. Companies must continually create and colonize new strategic positions, a difficult if t impossible task for many established firms. Markides explains how to overcome the obstacles to invation so that even well-established companies can invate by breaking the rules of the game. All the Right Moves reveals how creative thinking leads to strategic invation - the 'breakthroughs' that separate winning strategists from also-rans. Markides approaches strategic thinking as a creative process in which examining an issue from a variety of angles often proves more productive than merely gathering data, and experimenting with new ideas can be more effective than conducting much scientific analysis. He poses key questions for readers to ask as he guides them through a step-by-step framework for developing their strategic thinking skills. In a refreshingly clear and practical approach, All the Right Moves offers concrete advice for thinking through the tough choices that all business strategists must face. It distills the important elements of strategy into an easy-to-follow system for crafting today's -and tomorrow's- breakthrough business strategies.
- Author BiographyConstantinos C. Markides is a Professor at the London Business School.
- Author(s)Constantinos C. Markides
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.