All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this celebration of our Earth, distinguished anthologist Wendy Cooling has chosen poems to make children look, think, and ask questions. Why are trees so important? How are motorways damaging our countryside? What can we do about rubbish? What can we do to protect our Earth for the future? Strong, colourful illustrations and a lavish new imitlin cover make this a gift book with a difference. Poets include Grace Nicholls, Thomas Hardy, Benjamin Zephaniah, Alfred Lord Tennyson and other poets from all over the world.A
- Author BiographyPiet GroblerA grew up on a farm in Limpopo, South Africa. After working as a church minister, he made a career in illustration and now lectures at the University of Worcester. He is the recipient of many international illustration awards, including the IBBY Honours List. His books for Frances Lincoln include The Great Tug of WarA (9781845070557),A Aesop's Fables (9781847800077) and Who Is King? (9781847805140) with Beverley Naidoo,A Fussy Freya (9781845075118) with Katharine Quarmby,A The Magic Bojabi Tree with Dianne Hofmeyr (9781847805867) andA All the Wild WondersA (9781847806260)A and A is Amazing (9781847805133)A with Wendy Cooling. Wendy Cooling is a highly respected figure in the children's book world. A former teacher, she is the founder of the Bookstart programme and has edited story collections for Puffin, Orion and Collins, poetry anthologies for Franklin Watts and has retold traditional tales for Barefoot Books. Wendy lives in Hertfordshire.
- Author(s)Wendy Cooling
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date30/09/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width214 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Piet Grobler
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.