All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-five-year-old Semile Toby Tiger lives in despair in the Florida Everglades. He loves the land and everything that exists in the natural world: the deer and egrets, turtles and herons, cypress trees and sawgrass, ponds and marshes, and, most of all, Allapattah, the crocodile. He watches helplessly as the white man imposes his will on the Semiles, forcing them either to conform or to eke out a living wrestling alligators and carving trinkets for tourists. According to Toby, the whites destroy all that they touch. Toby refuses to bend to the white man s will and fights back the only way he kws how. He becomes Allapattah, a creature that earns his respect and protection.
- Author BiographyBorn in Mississippi, Pat Smith has lived in Florida since 1966, writing about its nature and people. He also wrote A Land Remembered, The River Is Home, Angel City, and Forever Island, all available from Pineapple Press.
- Author(s)Patrick D Smith
- PublisherPineapple Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPineapple Press
- Weight272 g
- Width141 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.