All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAllen W. Seaby's life has been described as a classic tale of Victorian self-improvement. But there is more to the tale than just upward mobility. A. W. Seaby was a pioneering, invative and inspirational man who rose to become a prominent print-maker, teacher, author and illustrator. Best-kwn for his colour woodcut printing using traditional Japanese methods, and as a prominent wildlife artist, the story of Seaby's many accomplishments is recounted by his grandson, who inherited Seaby's love of birds and became internationally rewned in his own right, Robert Gillmor. Alongside this personal recount, Martin Andrews (Seaby's successor as President of the Reading Guild of Artists) selects aspects of his career and expands upon his techniques, his illustrative methods, his circle of fellow artists and the books he published to give a full and rounded account of a man whose work is currently enjoying a well-deserved renaissance.
- Author BiographyRobert Gillmor is a founder member and former president of the Society of Wildlife Artists (SWLA). He is a keen ornithologist, and has served on the councils of all three of the national organisations: the RSPB, British Ornithologists' Union and the British Trust for Ornithology. His artistic output has been enormous and in a variety of forms, including line drawing, watercolour, linocuts and silk screen. His work has appeared in over 100 books. Martin Andrews was a museum and exhibition designer for many years and since 1990 has been a Lecturer in the Department of Typography & Graphic Communication at the University of Reading. He is a printing historian and has lectured widely in Britain and abroad and published numerous articles as well as Fox Talbot & the Reading Establishment (Two Rivers Press 2014) and an extensive biography of the author and artist, Robert Gibbings.
- Author(s)Martin Andrews,Robert Gillmor
- PublisherTwo Rivers Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Rivers Press
- Content Note35 col
- Width200 mm
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.