All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $73.17Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.03Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.35Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionCartoonist V.T. Hamlin's breakthrough to prominence came early on in the 1930s with a comic strip called ALLEY OOP -- still running in the New Century, generations after Hamlin's death. This new volume, ALLEY OOP'S ANCESTORS, traces the evolution of Hamlin's style during the 1920s through two humor strips for a newspaper in Texas, the Star-Telegram of Fort Worth. From 1924 comes the absurdist slapstick fable of THE HIRED HAND, and from 1925-1926 comes the sports cartoon THE PANTHER KITTEN, designed to promote the city's Fort Worth Panthers baseball club (a.k.a. the FW Cats). Reproduced from primary-source drawings and original printings, with commentary from comics historian (and Hamlin protege) Michael H. Price, with cartoonist/scholar Frank Stack.
- Author BiographyMichael H. Price, a working cartoonist and film historian, studied under the tutelage of ALLEY OOP's V.T. Hamlin during the 1960s and early 1970s. Price has written commentaries for three volumes of ALLEY OOP reprints. His restoration of art for ALLEY OOP'S ANCESTORS comes from a selection of original drawings and first-run printings, with the assistance of the Hamlin Archive at the University of Missouri Libraries.
- Author(s)Frank Stack,Michael H Price
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.