All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlorida is a civilised place with eighteen million residents, fine universities, art museums, world-class restaurants, and other modern amenities. It is also home to panthers, bears, rattlesnakes, and alligators, just waiting to take a bite out of the unprepared. With a keen eye for detail and a lyrical style, Jeff Klinkenberg sets his sights on the contradictions that make up the Sunshine State. No one else would think to engage a professional symphony orchestra tuba player to find out whether bull gators will thunderously bellow back at a low B-flat during mating season (they do, but only to that pitch). From fishing camps and country stores to museums and libraries, Klinkenberg is forever unearthing the magic that makes Florida a place worth celebrating.
- Author BiographyJeff Klinkenberg grew up in Miami, began working in newspapers at age sixteen, and has been writing for the Tampa Bay Times since 1977. He is a two-time winner of the Paul Hansell Distinguished Journalism Award, the highest honour given by the Florida Society of Newspaper Editors.
- Author(s)Jeff Klinkenberg
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.