All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite considerable variability within the scientific community, allosteric regulation can best be defined functionally as how a macromolecule binds one ligand differently when a second ligand is or is t pre-bound to the macromolecule, which constitutes a vital aspect of protein structure/function. In Allostery: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field provide key techniques to investigate this biological phemen. Focusing on heterotropic systems with some coverage of homotropic systems, this volume covers the monitoring of allosteric function, allosteric conformational changes, and allosteric changes in protein dynamics/sub-population distribution, as well as topics such as macromolecular and ligand engineering of allosteric functions and computational aids in the study of allostery. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory. Thorough and intuitive, Allostery: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in continuing to study ligand-induced, through-protein effects on protein function (ligand binding/catalysis), a phemen that is well recognized through the history of the life sciences and very poorly understood at the molecular level.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number796
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note134 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1011 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAron W. Fenton
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.85
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.