All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA community spirit and the simple joy of eating your own produce are just some of the rewards for the allotment gardener. This book provides everything the first-time 'allotmenter' needs to kw, from guiding your search and helping negotiate the application process, to planning, necessary equipment and the best cultivation methods. A troubleshooting chapter suggests effective treatments for pests and diseases, and the guide concludes with an extensive directory of the vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowers appropriate for allotment growing, including harvest tips.
- Author BiographyLucy Halsall is editor of the well-respected Grow Your Own magazine. Lucy was introduced to horticulture through her parents, who are keen market gardeners. After studying and training in horticulture, she worked as RHS horticultural advisor at Wisley for six years, later moving to Amateur Gardening magazine. She also writes - the most recent projects being co-author of Carol Klein's RHS Grow Your Own Fruit, and a contributor to the accompanying Grow Your Own Veg. Jez Abbott trained in forestry and gardening and, as a freelance writer and editor, has specialized in horticultural journalism for many years. Publications that he writes for include Horticulture Week, The Grower and Period House & Its Garden, and he edited Landscape Review for five years from 2001. He lives on the south coast of England, is a keen gardener and takes regular jaunts to the wilderness of Dungeness.
- Author(s)Jez Abbott
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- Series TitleGreen Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byLucy Halsall
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.