All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an engaging narrative history of New Mexico's 19th and 20th century identities. Today officially kwn as the Land of Enchantment, it has also been the Land without Law, the Land of Heart's Desire, the Land of the Well Country, the Land of Pueblos, and the Land of Sunshine. Since statehood in 1912 it has been dubbed the Colorful State, the Volca State, the Science State, the Space State, and the Atomic State. Weigle explores all these and more between the opening of the Santa Fe Trail in 1821 and the Diamond Jubilee of Route 66 in 2001.
- Author BiographyMarta Weigle is University Regents Professor of Anthropology at the University of New Mexico, as well as the author and editor of numerous publications including Spanish New Mexico: Spanish Colonial Arts Society Collection (Museum of New Mexico Press).
- Author(s)Marta Weigle
- PublisherMuseum of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Mexico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMuseum of New Mexico Press
- Content Note55 b/w photos
- Weight420 g
- Width255 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.