Almost Alcoholic: Is My (or My Loved One's) Drinking a Problem? by Robert Doyle, Joseph Nowinski (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetermine if your drinking is a problem, develop strategies for curbing your intake, and measure your progress with this practical guide to taking care of yourself.
Every day, millions of people drink a beer or two while watching a game, shake a cocktail at a party with friends, or enjoy a glass of wine with a good meal. For more than 30 percent of these drinkers, alcohol has begun to have a negative impact on their everyday lives. Yet, only a small number are true alcoholics--people who have completely lost control over their drinking and who need alcohol to function. The great majority are what Dr. Doyle and Dr. Nowinski call Almost Alcoholics, a growing number of people whose excessive drinking contributes to a variety of problems in their lives.
In Almost Alcoholic, Dr. Doyle and Dr. Nowinski give the facts and guidance needed to address this often unrecognized and devastating condition. They provide the tools to:
identify and assess your patterns of alcohol use;
evaluate its impact on your relationships, work, and personal well-being;
develop strategies and goals for changing the amount and frequency of alcohol use;
measure the results of applying these strategies; and
make informed decisions about your next steps.
The Almost Effect(TM) Series presents books written by Harvard Medical School faculty and other experts who offer guidance on common behavioral and physical problems falling in the spectrum between rmal health and a full-blown medical condition. These are the first publications to help general readers recognize and address these problems.
- Author BiographyA nationally recognised expert on alcoholism, Robert Doyle, M.D., is a clinical instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and is on the medical staff at Harvard's prestigious teaching hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital. Clinical psychologist Joseph Nowinski, Ph.D., was assistant professor of Psychiatry at the University of California--San Francisco and associate adjunct professor of Psychology at the University of Connecticut. He is currently a columnist for the Huffington Post and works in private practice.
- Author(s)Joseph Nowinski,Robert Doyle
- PublisherHazelden Publishing & Educational Services
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleThe Almost Effect Series
- Place of PublicationCenter City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Publishing & Educational Services
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight326 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.