All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewbery Hor winner Joan Bauer's new vel will touch your heart When twelve-year-old Sugar's grandfather dies and her gambling father takes off yet again, Sugar and her mother lose their home in Missouri. They head to Chicago for a fresh start, only to discover that fresh starts aren't so easy to come by for the homeless. Nevertheless, Sugar's mother has taught her to be grateful matter what, so Sugar does her best. With the help of a rescue dog, Shush; a foster family; a supportive teacher; a love of poetry; and her own grace and good humor, Sugar comes to understand that while she can't control the hand life deals her, she can control how she responds.
- Author BiographyJoan Bauer has won critical acclaim for her many books, which include the Newbery Honor Book Hope Was Here as well as Rules of the Road, winner of the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and Close to Famous, winner of the Schneider Family Book Award, the Christopher Medal, and the Judy Lopez Memorial Prize. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Joan Bauer
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight295 g
- Width122 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.