All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlone in the Passage: An Explorers Guide to Sea Kayaking the Inside Passage is part kayaking travelogue and part long-distance kayaking how-to guide. Readers will acquire a unique insight into the skills necessary to kayak solo for 1,300 miles along the Northwest Pacific Coast from Washington and through British Columbia to Southeast Alaska. The first half of the book details information that an Inside Passage paddler would need to kw before setting off on this incredible journey. Topics such as preparation, nutrition, navigation, physical requirements, communication, weather, wildlife, equipment, camping, tides and currents, dangers, logistics, and paddling techniques are explored in depth. The second half of the book gives a running account of the daily challenges and triumphs experienced by a solo paddler as he kayaks up the Inside Passage completely alone. Daily journal entries are expanded upon giving the reader a feel for what it is like to travel through a remote wilderness for nearly three months.
- Author BiographyDenis Dwyer has been exploring wilderness areas since his first canoe camping trip when he was ten years old. Over the years, his excursions have taken him to many remote wilderness areas in North America, Central America, and Hawaii. When not backpacking in the mountains, or paddling a canoe, or kayak downriver, he can usually be found sea kayaking along the Northwest Pacific Coast. The Inside Passage, from Washington to Southeast Alaska, has been his main focus over the last few years, and he has completed the route twice, once in 2008 and again in 2012.
- Author(s)Denis Dwyer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $22.40New
- AU $14.93New
- AU $14.05New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $43.92
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $38.82
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.40
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.