All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionG'day, Mate! The awesome Australian Outback is one of the beautiful but dangerous settings for this captivating tale of murky intrigue, murder and myths! Read this fascinating tale! It's a ripper, mate!From out of the mists of Aboriginal Dreamtime, a startling discovery is made by a never-do-well Outback opal miner who hauls up a priceless archeological antiquity in a dented barrel of broken dreams. Paleontologists are astounded! One look at what he found is forever burned into the minds of those who see it, setting the stage for a devious web of deceit. Greed and lust change their lives forever! Millions of dollars are at stake! Sally Fletcher, a tall strawberry-blonde Aussie who is a TV news reporter on Vancouver Island, is at a loss for words as her world comes crashing down upon her when someone starts systematically going after her, her grandfather, and her Canadian mother. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that her Australian father is next on somebody's list. Rune Erikson is hot on the trail of a deadly trio of antiquity-stealing snakeheads who slither through the casis Down Under! Rune wants to keep rolling sevens but the dice keep coming up snake-eyes! Andy, an Outback swagman on a self-healing walkabout through the harsh conditions of the Outback, becomes embroiled in this adventure. This fascinating third vel in a series features the somewhat-jaded but dashing Rune Erikson who rips through the Outback where hardships and timeless feats of courage are legend. Coloured by romance and eroticism, this intrigue lures Rune off his sailing ketch Valhalla at Victoria's Fisherman's Wharf into the swirling myths and legends of Dreamtime in Australia'sOutback.
- Author BiographyErnie Palamarek has recently had feature articles published in national magazines and is the author of the Rune Erikson series of novels which begin to unfold in Canada and blossom in exotic locations around the world. Having spent his boyhood growing up in the saddle on the Alberta cattle-ranching prairie, he has a keen appreciation for nature's wondrous beauty and its amazing resiliency which balances the eggshell fragility of the environment. He has worked in public relations for a major newspaper, in a research and development laboratory, in his own businesses, and in the service of a federal government agency. Combining his eye for detail with a vivid imagination, he continues to roam the world in search of adventure - to observe, to listen, and to talk to wonderfully-different people in strange, exotic lands. He experiences the adventure and journeys through life with his photographer wife, Sharon, who has a keen eye for detail and shares his passionate quest for adventurous travel. The author has lived in Victoria, British Columbia since he was 20 years old. Vancouver Island, a temperate rainforest off Canada's west coast, is his backyard. Along Came a Swagman is Palamarek's third novel.
- Author(s)Ernie Palamarek
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2001
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.