Along Florida's Expressways, 4th Edition by Dave Hunter (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $49.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlong Florida's Expressways Unlike the typical Florida guidebook, Along Florida's Expressways is t a destination travel guide. Instead, author Dave Hunter helps anyone drive around the state with the ease, comfort and safety, using local kwledge as if they've lived there for many years. Kwn and respected for his award-winning travelbook, Along Interstate-75, Dave's Florida driving guide picks up where his other book leaves off. Featuring seventy-seven 25-miles-per-page full-color maps, this book includes detailed information for all of Florida's interstates, expressways and toll routes, along with Dave's personal observations and suggestions . . . t to mention his fascinating trivia. Packed with information gathered from locals and accumulated over 48 years of Florida travel, Along Florida's Expressways useful road information t only includes gas stations, restaurants, and lodgings available at each exit (even which side of the road they are on), but also pinpoints rest areas and much more. Every two-years, Dave and his wife, Kathy, drive over 5,000 miles to personally gather the material for the next edition of this book. That's every Florida expressway and toll route in both directions! Each current edition of the book is supported with a reader's only website where major updates to the current book's information are posted. But the book is t only for those who drive to Florida via I-75, it is also for the Florida Fly-Drive crowd those who fly to Florida and rent a car to tour the State. Whether from the Midwestern states or huge Florida-bound markets such as the UK or Germany they love the local information this book provides and many make sure they pack a copy in their flight bag before leaving. VISITFLORIDA(r), the State's official marketing organization endorses this book and counter staff use it at all its Welcome Centers. To quote VISITFLORIDA(r): Filled with Insider Tips, Along Florida's Expressways is an excellent resource for Sunshine State visitors and residents alike. As the state's official source for travel planning, VISITFLORIDA(r) 's staff kw Florida well - and even we use Dave's driving guide. Along Florida's Expressways is completely updated every even numbered year, Along I-75 contains advertising or commercial content. Rest assured that with Dave in the car, any journey on Florida's expressways is guaranteed to be a safe, fun and informative drive.
- Author BiographyDave Hunter - Bio Dave loves maps, history, driving and discovering unusual stories along the way. Combined with his fondness for writing, this led to Along Interstate-75 a travel book which has quickly become the must-have guide for snowbirds heading out for the long-distance drive to Florida, each winter. His passion for history paid dividends while writing the I-75 guide. During research, he rediscovered two little known Civil War battle sites in North Georgia and noted that the interstate ran right across the middle of the Union and Confederate battle lines. Modern posters of his battlemaps were displayed in Georgia's Welcome Center, during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. He also found a forgotten trail blazed in 1775 by Daniel Boone, which crosses the path of the modern interstate in Kentucky. Both of these finds were made possible by Dave's ability to read topographical maps a skill he developed as a youngster roaming the hills and valleys of England s South Downs, looking for prehistoric encampments and lost Roman roads. With more than twenty-five years of writing about I-75 road travel, Dave has become the media go-to person when producing annual drive-to-Florida content, and has appeared in hundreds of newspaper articles and radio & TV guest appearances. For the past sixteen years, Dave has hosted an all-day entertainment stage at the two-day Snowbird Extravaganza, held in Lakeland, Florida. This annual consumer show attracts over 15,000 U.S. & Canadian snowbirds each day. He is also a regular contributor of I-75 and Florida articles for the CSA News, Canada's official Canadian Snowbird Association. Dave is a credentialed member of the prestigious Society of American Travel Writers (SATW). He is also a member of North American Travel Journalist Association (NATJA) and International Travel Writers Alliance-UK (ITWA). His full biography may be found in Canada's Who's Who.
- Author(s)Dave Hunter
- PublisherMile Oak Publishing Inc.
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMile Oak Publishing Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.