Along Wisconsin's Ice Age Trail by University of Wisconsin Press (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ice Age National Scenic Trail is a thousand-mile footpath - entirely within the state of Wisconsin - that courses like a river through a varied landscape. Walk the Ice Age Trail to witness hundreds of crystal lakes, thriving prairies and farmlands, towering white pines and diverse wetlands, ancient Native American effigy mounds, remnant oak savannas, charming villages and cities, and many of the world's finest examples of the effects of continental glaciation.More than twelve thousand years ago, an immense flow of glacial ice, as much as two miles deep, sculpted a landscape of remarkable beauty. Geologic features along the trail include kames, kettles, drumlins, ice-walled-lake plains, eskers, tunnel channels, basalt bluffs, dells, and rock-strewn terminal moraines. Here, too, is the ancient landscape of the Driftless Area, tably devoid of glacial evidence.Photographer Bart Smith hiked the Ice Age Trail in four seasons, capturing stunning images for this book. Adding depth to his images are essays by table and kwledgeable writers, telling us more about the natural history of this remarkable landscape and their personal engagement with it. Along Wisconsin's Ice Age Trail contains essays by: Mike Dombeck, former chief of the U.S. Forest Service and biologist, UW - Stevens Point; Robert Freckmann, botanist, UW - Stevens Point; Paul G. Hayes, retired journalist for Milwaukee Journal; Randy Hoffman, conservation biologist, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources; Ellen Kort, former poet laureate of Wisconsin; David Mickelson, Emeritus Professor, Department of Geology and Geophysics, UW - Madison; and Sarah Mittlefehldt, environmental historian, UW - Madison.
- Author BiographyBart Smith's photographic books include The Appalachian Trail: Calling Me Back to the Hills, Along the Pacific Crest Trail, and Along the Florida Trail. His photographs have been published in such magazines as Smithsonian, National Geographic Adventure, and Backpacker.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Content Note120 colour photos
- Weight526 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAndrew Hanson,Eric Sherman
- Photographs byBart Smith
- Foreword byDavid Obey
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.