All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionFull of practical and inspiring information for meditators who plan to visit the sacred sites where the Buddha lived and taught in India and Nepal, this unique guidebook provides a rich anthology of stories relating to each of the sites, as well as helpful maps, creative artwork, and spiritual narratives from experienced travelers. Each site entry includes insider information and tips with detailed descriptions of transportation, accommodation, and local cuisine; suggested excursions and activities in the vicinity; and highlights of established Vipassana mediation centers best suited to accommodate visiting meditators. This second edition has been updated and revised to feature newly discovered pilgrimage sites and a few more stories from the Pali can.
- Author BiographyKory Goldberg is a humanities professor who has been practicing Vipassana meditation since the late 1990s. Michelle Decary is a freelance writer, yoga teacher, and organic gardener. They both live in Sutton, Quebec.
- Author(s)Kory Goldberg,Michelle Decary
- PublisherPariyatti Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationOnalaska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, maps
- Weight544 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.