All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlocky or small. Thick or tall. Roundish, slope-y, fancy or dopey. Letters look different in all different places. And the reason is, they have different typefaces. The Alphabeasts in this book are made of letters - each animal is built from the first letter of its name. It's an eye-catching, fresh, and witty way to look at ABC's.
- Author BiographySharon Werner and Sarah Forss, are graphic designers at the 2-person design studio Werner Design Werks, Inc. in St. Paul, Minnesota. Sharon and Sarah love type, all types of type. Of course they have their favorites, like Clarendon and Franklin Gothic. They use type on all sorts of projects: identity, brochures, packaging, posters and books for clients that include Moet Hennessey, Target, Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day (which has 7 different typefaces on one label!), Chronicle Books, Levi's and Melcher Media. Their studio has made remarkable international impact with their commitment to simplicity, honesty and practicality in design. This intelligent, straightforward approach to design has garnered WDW many graphic design awards as well as a place in the permanent collections of the Library of Congress, Musee De La Poste, Victoria and Albert Museum, Musee des Arts Decoratifs and the Cooper Hewitt Museum.www.wdw.com
- Author(s)Sarah Nelson,Sharon Werner
- PublisherBlue Apple Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationMaplewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Apple Books
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight696 g
- Width238 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.