All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlphabet to Reading is designed to assist parents, siblings, grandparents, preschool staff, kindergarten and primary grade school teachers in leading the young child from alphabet learning into word and sentence making and reading. Eighteen play and learning activities are explained along with variations upon those. Two full and large scale alphabets are included (upper case and lower case) with appropriate word lists that provide 2350 vocabulary words. First vocabulary items are marked * for easy identification. Parents are invited to customize the vocabulary. Also included are sections on methods, theory, and the history of literacy and a suggested materials list for early play activities that lead to literacy development. Give a child science and poetry, finance and music, literature and history, philosophy and adventure; give a child reading!
- Author BiographyRose Carlin, Ph.D., received a letter of commendation for scoring in the top 1% nationally in the Graduate Record Exam in English. She has an earned doctorate in English and two M.A. degrees. She has been a tenured professor, teaching 144 university course sections across the curriculum in English and American Studies. She has taught children and adults, including parents, public school teachers, and preschool staff. Dr. Carlin has deep interests in literacy and mastery of English for the professions and trades. She has taken on the three year project of creating an annotated alphabet book with letters scaled appropriately for very young learners and comprehensive, early reading word lists to help young parents, especially. Usually, Dr. Carlin concentrates on training aspiring creative writers...but everyone needs help with English as children, too! She has taught business writing, technical writing, creative writing for publication, grammar, and literature, worked for a film studio, magazine publisher, been on editorial boards, given literary readings, and directed writers' conferences. She is a published novelist and textbook author. Gift books with rainbow hue alphabets follow this summer. The black and white and the rainbow hue alphabets are ideal for playgroup, sleepover, and classroom craft projects as well as short, lunchtime language instruction at the table with Mom or Dad, Sis or Brother, Grandmother, or Grandfather.
- Author(s)Dr Rose Carlin,Rose Carlin
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.