Alphard: Form and Content: Form and Content by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 1981)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $125.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlphard is a design for a programming system that supports the abstraction and verification techniques required by modern program'ming methodology. During the language design process, we were concerned simultaneously with problems of methodology, correctness, and efficiency. Methodological concerns are addressed through facilities for defining new, task*specific abstractions that capture complex tions in terms of their intended properties, without explicating them in terms of specific low* level implementations. Techniques for verifying certain properties of these programs address the correctness concerns. Finally, the language has been designed to permit compilation to efficient object code. Although a compiler was t implemented, the research shed light on specification issues and on programming methodology. an abstraction, specifying its behavior Alphard language constructs allow a programmer to isolate publicly while localizing kwledge about its implementation. The verification of such an abstraction consists of showing that its implementation behaves in accordance with the public specification. Given such a verification, the abstraction may be used with confidence to construct higher*level, more abstract, programs. The most common kind of abstraction in Alphard corresponds to what is w called an abstract data type. An abstract data type comprises a set of values for elements of the type and a set of operations on those values. A new language construct, the form, provides a way to encapsulate the definitions of data structures and operations in such a way that only public information could be accessed by the rest of the program.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/12/1981
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight820 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMary Shaw
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.