All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionWelcome to Alphabet City, Manhattan's most crime-ridden neighbourhood with murder, rape and violence hitting record levels the streets, fuelled by a drug problem that's got the city by the throat. It was into this vision of hell that Mike Codella and his partner Gio stepped in 1988, two plainclothes narcs expected just to pull a few street arrests to keep statistics looking good, and try to get out alive. But Mike had his eyes on something bigger. Davey Blue Eyes: local kingpin, druglord and stone cold murderer. Just one drawback - one even knew what he looked like. Fascinating, brutal and told with a furious, even poetic energy, Alphaville stands shoulder to shoulder with other modern true crime classics such as Serpico, The French Connection, Wiseguy, or David Simon's Homicide. Nerve-shreddingly real. Addictive, brilliant and compelling . (R.J. Ellory, bestselling author of A Simple Act of Violence ).
- Author BiographyMichael Codella retired from the Police Department in 2003 as a Detective Sergeant and is now a professional fight trainer and martial arts instructor. Bruce Bennett's writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal and the New York Sun; he has also performed and recorded music with the A-Bones, Hasil Adkins, Action Swingers, Yo La Tengo, and Andre Williams. He lives and works in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Bruce Bennett,Michael Codella
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/09/2011
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date27/02/2014
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.