CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Alpine Pass Route traverses Switzerland from east to west - from the ancient town of Sargans on the borders of Leichtenstein, to Montreux on the shores of Lake Geneva. It covers some 325 kilometres of mountain and valley, and crosses 16 passes with an accumulation of almost 18,000 metres of height gain in 15 stages. Each pass is different: from the remote slender crest of the Richetli to the broad tourist-thronged Kleine Scheidegg or the rocky crest of the Bunderchrinde and the grassy saddle of the Blattipass with its incredible views of the Oberland giants. Sw-capped peaks accompany the walker - the Todi and the Titlis; the Wetterhorn, Eiger and Jungfrau; the Kandersteg peaks; Wildstrubel, Wildhorn and Diablerets. Accommodation is plentiful. The route can be done as one long hard walk, or split into two easier holidays. There are many options - cable-cars; chair-lifts and funiculars can be used in many places. It is a route to suit all walkers.
- Author BiographyKev Reynolds is a freelance writer, photojournalist and lecturer. He has published many books on the Alps, a series of trekkers' guides to Nepal and, nearer to home, several guides on walking in southern England. A member of the Alpine Club, Austrian Alpine club and the Outdoor Writers' Guild, he is also first Honorary Member of the British Association of European Mountain Leaders. Most winters find Kev travelling around Britain sharing his love of wild places through his lectures.
- Author(s)Kev Reynolds
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note100 colour photos, 16 profiles and 16 maps
- Weight280 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.