All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are more and more psychotherapists embracing meditation practice, while so many Buddhists are exploring psychology? Both psychology and Buddhism seek to provide freedom from suffering, explains Bruce Tift, yet each offers a completely different approach for reaching this goal. In Already Free, Tift opens a fresh and provocative dialogue between these two profound perspectives on the human condition. Tift reveals how psychotherapy s Developmental approach of understanding the way our childhood wounds shape our adult selves both contradicts and supports the Fruitional approach of Buddhism, which tells us that the freedom we seek is always available. In this investigation, he uncovers insights for connecting with authentic experience, releasing behaviors that longer serve us, enhancing our relationships, and more. When we use the Western and Eastern approaches together, writes Bruce Tift, they can help us open to all of life its richness, its disturbances, and its inherent completeness.
- Author BiographyBruce TiftBruce Tift, MA, LMFT has been in private practice since 1979, has taught at Naropa University for 25 years, and has given presentations in the US, Mexico, and Japan. A practitioner of Vajrayana Buddhism for more than 35 years, he had the good fortune to be a student of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and to meet a number of realized teachers.
- Author(s)Bruce Tift
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication19/07/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.