All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionAlterKnits is a collection of nearly 30 projects, each one introducing an alternative way of thinking about the construction and application of knitting. For example, some projects call for unusual materials (such as bracelets and necklaces knitted with leather and silver). Some projects blend different craft techniques into the design or construction (such as a skull cap with a crocheted border). Some projects apply knitting in unexpected places (knitted lanterns and bulletin boards). Scattered throughout the book are AlterExercises, which are creativity exercises for readers to try on their own or with knitting friends, as well as inspirational quotes from such diverse sources as Albert Einstein, Martha Graham, and Benjamin Franklin. While the projects are all invative, they are t difficult. The design of the book AlterKnits also supports the alternative, experimental theme. The book is constructed as a three-part case, consisting of paper over board for the front and back cover and a cloth spine. Attached to the inside front cover is a large pocket holding the AlterKnits workbook.
- Author BiographyLeigh Radford is the art director of Interweave Knits magazine and an award-winning graphic designer with over twenty years of experience in graphic design and corporate marketing.
- Author(s)Leigh Radford
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2005
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Out-of-print date28/06/2016
- Content Noteills
- Weight980 g
- Width235 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Rizzo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.