All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Alternative Ecological Risk Assessment the author, Lawrence V. Tannenbaum, provides a critical review of current practices in the ecological risk assessment field and proposes alternatives that are supported by established science and keen observation. It is hoped that this approach will pave the way to a greater understanding of what appropriate and useful ecological assessment for contaminated sites should entail. He demonstrates that in most cases current practices do t provide for an assessment of ecological risk, and moreover, that endeavoring to assess ecological risk is actually an unnecessary undertaking at conventional hazardous waste sites. (He states, for example, that the concept of scale is often igred by practitioners, questions why animals like deer are routinely assessed at 5-acre sites, and challenges the ecotoxicology data currently used.) The book is aimed at students and professionals in the fields of environmental science, ecology, ecotoxicology, and health risk assessment.
- Author BiographyLawrence Tannenbaum (United States Public Health Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, USA) is a certified senior ecologist and a full-time health risk assessor working for the U.S. Army, with a previous (Superfund Program) history at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. He is the inventor of a patented ecological assessment field-truthing method, and is an associate editor of a Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry journal.
- Author(s)Lawrence V. Tannenbaum
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight516 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.