Alternative Energy Technologies: An Introduction with Computer Simulations by Gavin Buxton (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $199.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlternative energy sources are becoming increasingly important in a world striving for energy independence, clean air, and a reprieve from global warming. Solar cells, wind power, and biofuels are some of the competing alternative energy sources hoping to gain a foothold in our future energy mix, and the ecomic advantages of these techlogies are continually increasing as costs are reduced and efficiencies increased. Alternative Energy Techlogies: An Introduction with Computer Simulations explores the science and engineering behind a number of emerging alternative energy techlogies, including polymer solar cells, algae biofuels, and artificial leaves. It also addresses the environmental need for these techlogies. However, unlike its predecessors, this book employs simple computer models implemented within spreadsheet environments to simulate different aspects of the alternative energy techlogies and therefore teach the subject matter. This unique approach: * Provides a dual introduction to alternative energy techlogies and computer simulation * Elucidates the fundamental behaviors and complex interactions within the alternative energy systems * Makes computer simulation straightforward and accessible to readers with prior programming experience Featuring investigative exercises that deepen understanding and inspire further research, Alternative Energy Techlogies: An Introduction with Computer Simulations makes an ideal introductory textbook for undergraduate students and a valuable professional reference for experimental researchers.
- Author BiographyGavin A. Buxton is assistant professor of physics in the Science Department at Robert Morris University, Moon Township, Pennsylvania, USA. Previously, he was visiting assistant professor at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA; postdoctoral research associate at Durham University, UK; and postdoctoral research associate at University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He holds an M.Sci in engineering physics (hons) and a Ph.D in computational physics from Sheffield Hallam University, UK. His work has been published in numerous prestigious journals and books including Soft Matter, Encyclopedia of Energy Engineering and Technology, Langmuir, and The Journal of Chemical Physics, among others.
- Author(s)Gavin Buxton
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNano and Energy
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note137 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.