All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionClassical medicine is about helping the patient back into happiness, good health and developing a constructive role in society by helping the patient to increase self-awareness and self-insight. The fruit of realising your own talents and character is the experience of being of value to one self and other people -- being of value in all relationships, private or professional. From the experience of this happy and constructive state of being comes all good things, a positive understanding of life, a positive state of consciousness, a positive state of existence and finally good physical and mental health, high quality of life, and excellent ability of functioning in all areas of life. Whether we call this classical medicine, quality of life as medicine , consciousness-based medicine, character medicine, placebo medicine, holistic medicine or any other equivalent label, it is basically about helping the patient to kw him or herself, and to live in accordance with this kwledge. This yearbook 2013 bring together the work we did over the past year with a broad research agenda on a global basis, addressing questions ranging from a discussion of positive youth development in Hong Kong to managed care. We hope this book will provide you with new kwledge, link research to practice and policy, help build networks of research collaborations and move science forward in this field.
- Author BiographyJoav Merrick, MD, MMedSci, DMSc, born and educated in Denmark is professor of pediatrics, child health and human development, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus Campus, Jerusalem, Israel and Kentucky Childrens Hospital, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky United States and professor of public health at the Center for Healthy Development, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, United States, the medical director of the Health Services, Division for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services, Jerusalem, the founder and director of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development in Israel.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight1002 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byProfessor Joav Merrick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.