All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a complete picture of the current state-of-the-art in alternative and green solvents used for laboratory and industrial natural product extraction in terms of the latest invations, original methods and safe products. It provides the necessary theoretical background and details on extraction, techniques, mechanisms, protocols, industrial applications, safety precautions and environmental impacts. This book is aimed at professionals from industry, academicians engaged in extraction engineering or natural product chemistry research, and graduate level students. The individual chapters complement one ather, were written by respected international researchers and recognized professionals from the industry, and address the latest efforts in the field. It is also the first sourcebook to focus on the rapid developments in this field.
- Author BiographyFarid Chemat is a full Professor of Chemistry at Avignon University (France), Director of GREEN Extraction Team (alternative extraction techniques and solvents), co-director of ORTESA LabCom research unit Naturex-UAPV, and scientific coordinator of France Eco-Extraction dealing with dissemination of research and education on green extraction technologies. Born in 1968, he received his PhD (1994) in process engineering from the Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse-France. Following postdoctoral research work with Prolabo-Merck (1995-1997), he spent two years (1997-1999) as senior researcher at the University of Wageningen (The Netherlands). In 1999, he moved to the University of La Reunion (France DOM) to work as an assistant professor and since 2006 he holds the position of Professor at the University of Avignon (France). His main research interests are focused on innovative and sustainable extraction techniques, protocols and solvents (especially microwave, ultrasound and bio-based solvents) for food, pharmaceutical, fine chemistry, biofuel, and cosmetic applications. His research activities are documented in more than 140 scientific peer-reviewed papers, 9 books and 7 patents. Maryline Abert Vian, born in 1974, received her PhD (2000) in Organic Chemistry at the University of Avignon. She spent four years (2000-2004) as junior researcher with industrial companies. In 2005, she moved to the University of Avignon (France) to start her independent academic career. She obtained her Habilitation a Diriger les Recherches in 2011 in food and natural products chemistry and since she managed several French programs in the field of research and industrial application of alternative solvents applied for extraction of valuable compounds and biofuels from microorganisms (microalgae, yeast...) with several industrial partners such as Airbus or GDF-Suez. Her research activity is documented by more than 25 scientific peer-reviewed papers, and about 30 communications for scientific meetings, 9 book chapters and 2 patents. Her research primarily focuses on the solvent extraction and analysis of natural products and has paved the way for new extraction techniques with bio-based solvents.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry and Sustainable Technology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 59 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight686 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFarid Chemat,Maryline Abert Vian
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.