All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is widespread dissatisfaction with the current suite of evaluation and monitoring tools available to peacebuilders and those responding to conflict. Yet, despite this dissatisfaction, there are few concrete moves to investigate alternative methods of gauging the success or failure of peace initiatives. This volume explores alternative methods of assessing peace. These methods tend to be bottom-up and people-centric and are interested in many aspects of conflict societies that orthodox top-down indicators often miss. The methods explored in this work chime with the contemporary interest in critical approaches to peace and conflict studies, and approaches that are interested in local perspectives. The volume also connects with a growing interest in civic epistemology, or the co-production of data whereby research 'subjects' participate in the research and have a chance of understanding the relevance of research. All of the contributors to the volume have significant field experience in conflict-affected areas and their work is informed by an engagement with the everyday challenges and opportunities facing people in war zones. This bookw as published as a special issue of the Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding.
- Author BiographyRoger Mac Ginty is Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies at the Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute, and the Department of Politics, University of Manchester. He edits the journal Peacebuilding. His latest books are International Peacebuilding and Local Resistance (2012), and the edited volumes Sage Major Work on Peacebuilding (2013) and Routledge Handbook on Peacebuilding (2013).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byRoger Mac Ginty
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.