About this product
- DescriptionThe shift in scholarly communication has called for new ways to measure scholarly impact. Altmetrics has recently garnered significant attention within the academic community as a promising new area for the measurement and evaluation of research impact by using online tools to gather a variety of metrics related to scholarly output. But how well do these promises hold up, and how can libraries help to influence the conversation regarding altmetrics and its future? This issue of Library Techlogy Reports introduces the concept of altmetrics in relation to existing citation-based research metrics, positioning its use in the larger academic community. Discussing both the promise and the controversy of altmetrics, the authors offer practical guidance on such topics as:* major academic tools and peer networks, such as institutional repositories (IRs), CiteULike, and Mendeley; * Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon, and other social media sources that comprise the spectrum of altmetrics; * altmetric harvesting tools, such as Altmetric, Impactstory, and Plum X; * educating and supporting the academic community in the use of altmetrics; * measuring article-level impact independent of scholarly journals.
- Author BiographyRobin Chin Roemer is the instructional design & outreach services librarian at the University of Washington Libraries in Seattle, Washington, USA. Her responsibilities include support for online learning, professional and continuing education programs, and information literacy initiatives across the UW Libraries. Rachel Borchardt is the science librarian at American University in Washington, DC, USA. Her current job responsibilities include serving as a liaison to seven science departments, as well as responsibilities related to assessment, marketing, and research impact support within the library.
- Author(s)Rachel Borchardt,Robin Chin Roemer
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibrary Technology Reports
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight124 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.