All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlto: The Voice of Bel Canto by Dan H. Marek examines the careers of the great alto singers, including the great castrati, from the dawn of opera in 1597 to the present day. He surveys the music of the composers who wrote for the alto voice and includes musical examples and exercises adapted from the 24 Easy Vocalises in Progressive Order for Medium Voice by Marco Bordogni (1789-1856).
- Author BiographyDan H. Marek is a distinguished international singer, teacher, and writer who has appeared as a principal tenor at the Metropolitan Opera, New York City Opera, and the Salzburg Opera. He is a teacher of voice at Mannes College of Music in New York City and is the author of Singing: The First Art (Scarecrow, 2006) and Giovanni Battista Rubini and the Bel Canto Tenors: History and Technique (Scarecrow, 2013).
- Author(s)Dan H. Marek
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note56 black & white illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.