CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
About this product
- DescriptionAn ancient Town, a proud Cheshire town and a town of contrasts still capable of taking the unsuspecting visitor by surprise. That's Altrincham, portrayed here in scores of photographs that give us fascinating glimpses into its rich and varied past at work and at play. A market town in an agricultural county; a desirable dormitory for wealthy merchants from the great brooding city just up the road; an industrial centre in itself, turning out everything from prams to mangles to motor bodies - Altrincham has been all of these things and a great deal more, and these pages aim to capture just a hint of the flavour of this well-loved, multi-faceted community. What is certain is that Altrincham, from both sides of the tracks, has produced a host of sons and daughters for whom this absorbing collection will unlock memories of a treasured past. At the same time, for the town's more recently arrived residents it will serve as the perfect introduction to a rich Cheshire heritage.
- Author BiographyJohn Hudson is a local historian and the author of Bath, Bury, and Cheadle in the Britain in Old Photographs series.
- Author(s)John Hudson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.