All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPop culture phemena from the '80s and '90s, homages to Alberto Vargas and other classic pinup illustrations, and contemporary fashions and fetishes combine to form an exciting collection of modern pin-ups. Tributes to Baywatch, Rambo, Star Wars, Jessica Rabbit, and more late-20th century cultural references are included. This collection of over-the-top Americana also features standouts from Alvarado's Redneck Pinup series; provocatively posed pirates; beautiful calaveras makeup; leather jacket-wearing blondes; classy big-haired chicks with antique cars; a dynamite-wielding cowgirl; polo-playing preppies; sword-swallowing freaks; laser- and gun-toting steampunks; sultry nurses; elegant ballroom dancers; and more. Alvarado's belief is that it's all about the model; her image and pose are the most important elements in a composition, and he draws the viewer's attention to the models by employing a plain white background in many images.
- Author BiographyRobert Alvarado is a modern pinup photographer who resides in Orange County. Born and raised in Southern California, he has been photographing people for over 25 years and occasionally travels to various airshows in California to shoot with real aircraft.
- Author(s)Robert Alvarado
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2016
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note151 colour illus
- Weight1454 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.