All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperbackNational Geographic Children's Books presents the award-winning photobiography of Alexander Graham Bell. This fascinating profile, named a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, uses direct quotes to give readers a vivid insight into the life of a prolific inventor, driven to succeed. With a foreword by Gilbert M. Grosver, Bell's great-grandson, Always Inventing features over 70 period photographs and drawings from Bell's tebooks. From his first invention at age 11a tool to clean husks from wheat kernelsto his patent of the hydrofoil 64 years later, Bell was always inventing. Bell was also one of the original founders of the National Geographic Society. Awards include: Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young PeopleNCSS/CBC New York Public Library 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing Best Book of the Year School Library Journal
- Author BiographyTom L. Matthews is the author of the National Geographic book Light Shining Through the Mist: A Photobiography of Dian Fossey. He is a graduate of Brooklyn College, New York.
- Author(s)Tom L Matthews
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleNational Geographic Photobiographies (Hardcover)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Out-of-print date13/01/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width198 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.