All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionAlzheimer's disease is the most common cause of senile dementia. Since the discovery in 1984 of the amyloid ?-peptide (A?) as the core protein of the senile plaques present in the brains of Alzheimer's disease sufferers, an immense amount of research has gone into mapping out the molecular basis of this debilitating disease. The aim of Alzheimer's Disease: Methods and Protocols is to bring together the main biochemical, cell biological, and molecular biological techniques and approaches that are being used to investigate the molecular basis of Alzheimer's disease. This volume begins with chapters of an introductory/ review nature. Chapter 1 provides a historical introduction to Alzheimer's d- ease with particular emphasis on the central role played by A? and its re- tion to tau. Chapter 2 examines the genetics underlying this neurodegenerative disease, covering the amyloid precursor protein, apolipoprotein E, and the presenilins. Chapter 3 presents an overview of currently available therapeutic agents and prospects for drugs of the future.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byN. M. Hooper
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.