All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAlzheimer's disease is a looming presence in the daily lives of millions, and in our national healthcare discussion. With an aging population, the number of cases of Alzheimer's is reaching epidemic proportions, according to the World Health Organization, and we all -- families, sufferers, and healthcare professionals -- need to develop a response that is clear, well documented, credible, and supported by the latest research. Abundantly illustrated, this complete, essential guide is a reference work intended for all: parents and children, those close to sufferers, and all others who simply wish to inform themselves. It addresses all aspects of the disease: the history of diagses, current and future lines of research, family and legal concerns, the first doctor's visit, clinical evaluations, medications, and more. Finally, it clearly presents the real progress that has been made over the past five years in treating and preventing the disease.
- Author BiographyDr. Judes Poirier is a professor of medicine and psychiatry at McGill, and director of the molecular neurobiology unit at the Douglas Mental Health University Institute. His pioneering work in biomedical research into the causes and treatments of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease has earned him several prestigious awards. He lives in Blainville, Quebec.
- Author(s)Judes Poirier,Serge Gauthier
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication12/07/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byBarbara Sandilands
- Foreword byAndre Chagnon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.