All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCopenhagen, 2008. Excess is in, austerity is out. The international crash is about to send everything tumbling down, but everyone's too wasted to tice. And Mikkel Vallin's own bubble has already burst. Divorced, left by his girlfriend for a successful author, sacked from his job as a food critic, the wrong side of forty, Mikkel has had eugh: he's declared war on the mogamous relationship. Jealousy, deceit, hatred ...it's eugh to make you wonder if we'd all be better off just sleeping with who we wanted for a change. Fortunately, his new girlfriend - a successful, young, beautiful Hungarian artist - agrees. Unfortunately, Mikkel might be falling in love with her. Among the orgies, the drug-fuelled sprees, the whirlwind of parties, surely there can't be space for ...love? Told in Mikkel's brilliantly spiky, terminally cynical deadpan, Martin Kongstad's excoriating debut vel turns the last, glorious, debauched days of pre-crash decadence into a wild satire of modern life. Translated by Martin Aitken.
- Author BiographyMartin Kongstad has worked for many years as a journalist, columnist, culture writer and food critic at Denmark's leading newspapers and magazines, and has written for film, television and theatre. His debut collection of short stories Han danser pa sin sons grav (He Dances on his Son's Grave) won the 2009 Debutant Prize. He grew up in Copenhagen and lives today in Norrebro. Am I Cold is his first novel.
- Author(s)Martin Kongstad
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight336 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byMartin Aitken
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.